This week we presented our second powerpoint to the class. I worked on the wireless communication portion and a couple of the beginning slides. I also helped with correcting the titles to make sure they are descriptive statements.
I purchased the 10 NRFL01 wireless modules on Amazon for $11. We will be using 1 of them for the master bogie. I researched how to set up the modules while they are being shipped and have found example codes for the receiver and transmitter code shown in Figure 1 below and have tried to see if it will work. It seems that the code is sending the "Hello World" text but with noise/ junk between each sent message on the Serial Monitor. Figure 1.a. Receiver module code on Arduino Figure 1.b Transmitter code on Arduino The wiring should be as in Figure 2 below with the supply voltage being 3.3V instead of 5V. Figure 2. Arduino to NRF24L01 wiring This information was found on: https://howtomechatronics.com/tutorials/arduino/arduino-wireless-communication-nrf24l01-tutorial/
Since it is close to the end of the project term. We are deciding to dismiss the wireless capabilities and have that as a future goal for next year. The team still has a lot to get done before we are able to present the bogie. I helped with moving the poles into the room and measuring it so that the pole is ready to be cut.
Comments
Post a Comment